Burt Hill seeks an experienced practitioner-technologist to join our "BIM Team" as a dedicated IT employee working alongside professional architects, engineers, and visualization and information technology experts to achieve our firm-wide vision for integrated practice. The BIM Team partners with various expert "practice groups" around the firm, oversees the firm's aggressive transition from a document-driven to building information modeling workflow, and conducts research and development of new tools and techniques that bring value to our process.
- Provide helpdesk support for BIM technologies primarily for our Pittsburgh location; secondarily to other Pennsylvania/Ohio offices. Additional travel may include other east coast and overseas offices
- Provide project-based ‘kick-off’ and ‘on-demand’ training/coaching as needed;
- Promote Burt Hill’s innovative best practices and methodologies within project teams by providing project audits and follow-up training
- Collaborate with other members of our Practice Technology Group to refine, develop & implement standards, training curriculums, and support practices across Burt Hill
- Help design and develop our best-in-class documentation & knowledge management resource
- Work closely with architectural, engineering, and energy analysis experts to develop industry leading practices that enable Burt Hill’s ‘integrated project delivery’ and ‘building lifecycle services
- Collaborate and coordinate with peer technology professionals in our Business and Core Technology groups
- Imagine, innovate, and implement alongside Practice Leaders across the firm in areas including Design, Energy/Performance Analysis, Sustainable Planning & Design, Visualization
- Must have a pre-professional or professional degree related to Architecture and/or Engineering or commensurate experience within the AEC industry. Building design/construction experience a plus.
- Minimum of two years experience with Revit Architecture required; Revit MEP experience desirable.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling/Management and Integrated Project Delivery concepts a plus.
- Relevant technical/computing experience, including concepts of programming, interoperability, and data exchanges strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with design & visualization applications like SketchUp, 3D Max, Photoshop, and InDesign desirable.
- As we transition from document-based to BIM-based workflows, familiarity with legacy applications such as AutoCAD or Microstation a plus.
Burt Hill is recognized as an innovative leader in designing integrated solutions. Operating from nine locations in the United States and two abroad, more than 800 professionals at Burt Hill offer architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, creative services, and master planning services with a particular focus on sustainable design, technology integration, and energy management. By providing expertise and exceptional service, our talented professionals meet the business needs of clients in the higher education, sciences, healthcare, corporate, and commercial sectors.
To learn more about us, please visit our WEBSITE.
Burt Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.