Title: Product Architect Specialist
Reports to: Director of Product Development
Location: Norcross, GA (Metro-Atlanta)
Reed Construction Data, a division of Reed Business Information and the Inaugural Strategic Partner of the AIA, is a leading North American provider of construction information through a diverse portfolio of innovative products and services. RCD offers its customers building information modeling (BIM) solutions, construction project leads, building product information, construction cost tools, market analytics and construction news through a suite of online and print references — all valuable resources for architects, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, distributors and other professionals in the construction industry.
Advantages of working at Reed:
• Growth Plan: We are pleased to offer our employees structured programs that provide increased opportunities to help employees realize their career plans.
• Community: Reed is dedicated to playing a positive role in our local communities. Our central focus is education for disadvantaged young people and community initiatives of importance to local employees. The program allows employees to take time to volunteer with local organizations!
• Recognized contribution: We believe in paying for performance to attract and retain highly qualified professionals. We recognize individual & departmental performances and contributions to the company's success in creative ways
• Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits start on day one; Tuition Reimbursement, company matched 401k, Pension Plan, a generous Vacation & Holiday plan AND many more benefits.
We invite you to join a progressive company that fosters personal growth and rewards hard work. If you are a high achiever looking for a challenge, we want to talk to you!
The Product Architect Specialist is considered to be the liaison between the customer (Building Product Manufactures – BPM), BIM group and in-house / external modeling teams. The main function and responsibility of the Product Architect Specialist is to facilitate fulfillment of the customer’s BIM needs. This position works with the customer to determine the specifications for their particular BIM products, communicates the specifications to the modeling team for the development of precise Revit model objects (building products), reviews modeling team’s work and tests against customer’s criteria, coordinates re-work and presents final product to the customer. These objects will be used in our SMARTBim Library of solutions distributed to the Architectural community.
1. For each customer, identify scope of work, create timetable for task completion, develop and implement customer sign-off and approval process.
2. Create and revise customer proposals. Gain approval from RCD management and agreement with the customer. This includes but is not limited to: assessment and analysis of requested work, research and validation on workload estimates and proper pricing recommendations.
3. Create, update and maintain tracking for all outstanding projects.
4. Work with the customer to develop / collect building product specifications, criteria and set expectations.
5. Convey building product data and criteria to modeling team. Research necessary components, if required.
6. Download modeling team’s pre-work and test against customer’s criteria. Insure work and images are correct and working. Address with modeling team product discrepancies / deficiencies; coordinate re-work.
7. Insure modeling team is on schedule for delivery of completed work.
8. Maintain contact with customer throughout process providing updates and insuring no changes to product criteria or BIM needs have occurred.
9. Develop and deliver end product presentation to customer per establish timetable and agreed upon dates.
10. Address any customer issues.
11. Stay abreast and up to date on all Revit and BIM best practices, updates and revisions. Become RCD’s Revit Expert.
12. Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess the following skill set:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred.
2. Must be a licensed/registered architect.
3. Minimum 10 years architectural experience required. Combination of residential and commercial preferred.
4. Working knowledge of Revit.
5. In depth understanding of building products, their design and construction and relationships to other building products.
6. Comfortable with client interaction to present concepts and determine quality and scope of modeling requirements.
7. Prior experience in customer proposal creation and negotiation. Demonstrated abilities in needs assessment and analysis of workload requirements and components.
8. Strong prioritization, time management and project management skills.
9. Ability to be proactive in work, anticipating and resolving issues and problems.
10. Extreme attention to details.
11. Strong skills in client service with a sales a component.
12. Excellent oral and written communication skills – clear and precise.
13. Ability to work independently – excellent judgment.
14. Demonstrated experience managing work processes of others – ability to follow and drive project from inception to fruition / delivery.
15. Ability to build rapport and effectively interact with different groups of people – clients, peers and vendors.
If you meet all of the above qualifications, please APPLY ONLINE.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Ready2Render seeks a Revit Arch 2009 user with experience in creating / managing families. I’m looking to expand my current client base by offering my products to Revit users. This is a freelance, off-site position that may only require 2-3 hours per week. If you’re interested email me: tstorch at ready2render dot com.