Under the supervision of the BIM manager, the Building Information Modeling/ 3D Content Developer assists in the development and implementation of the overall Building Information Modeling (BIM) process as it relates to software application, project support and content development. Regularly engages with design teams to train staff, enhance project performance and generally support the users. Performs other BIM application related tasks as necessary to maintain optimal performance of the process.
The Building Information Modeling/ 3D Content Developer will take responsible charge for and perform responsibilities on assigned projects which shall include but not be limited to:
- Understands and embraces the firm’s vision for the implementation and optimization of building information modeling (BIM) within all aspects of the firm’s services and market sectors.
- Communicates among all parties within the firm, division or teams involved with use of the BIM/3D application to keep everyone informed of changes, updates, etc.
- Coordinates and conducts ongoing BIM/3D training for operators at all levels of experience.
- Investigate items of significance to the BIM application and keeps abreast of current trends in the computer/BIM Industry.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of BIM content and families as a corporate wide support function.
- Assists in the implementation of a documented process for the production of 3D modeling as part of the delivery of engineering services.
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- A technical school graduate with 8 years of related experience or a college graduate with 4 years of related experience
Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. is an employee-owned engineering design and facility consulting firm with more than 500 employees in 13 offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of consulting services related to facility and infrastructure design, operation and management. We deliver services for facilities nationwide, including healthcare, education, science and technology, research, sports and entertainment, government, corrections, infrastructure, commercial and industrial clients. The strength of our SSR team is our people and the shared belief that our culture makes this an extremely rewarding place to work.
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Jessica Nyce, PHR
Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
(615) 514-6128 (office)
(615 686-3341 (mobile)