KlingStubbins is a multi-discipline, fully integrated Architecture/ Engineering/ Interiors/ Planning firm made up of 400 talented people, 45 of whom work in our Cambridge office. Our mission is to provide the highest level of design to our clients while cultivating an engaging and fun office atmosphere. As a winner of the 2006 and 2008 AIA National BIM Award as well as numerous design awards, KlingStubbins is committed to leveraging BIM tools for the development of elegant, sustainable environments.
The Digital Design Coordinator (DDC) is responsible for directing BIM workflow for projects in the office, as well as collaborating with our other five offices and other project partners. The DDC role demands constant evolution and growth in an increasingly complex design environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to think and learn quickly, adapt to changes in the work and project environment, ask questions, share knowledge, and problem solve. The key to this position is the ability to work with a wide range of people on an ever diversifying list of topics and issues while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Directing BIM work-flow already in place in the office; including diverse projects in terms of scope, platform, and scale
- Set up & direction of new BIM projects and software implementation
- Continued development of ‘best practices’ for BIM
- Research, development and implementation of new BIM technologies
- Troubleshooting of problems at both content and model levels
- Collaboration with DDCs from other KS offices in expanding BIM standards
- Training of team members in varying levels of BIM usage
- Assistance on active projects
- Minimum of 1-2 years in BIM/Revit (Architecture, MEP or Structural)
- Ability to work with large teams
- Personality, drive, and enthusiasm
- Ability to balance a wide array of tasks, responsibilities, & commitments efficiently & simultaneously
- LEED AP
- Knowledgeable in multiple application platforms and complex system networks, including Autodesk (& Bentley) programs, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, NavisWorks, IES, Ecotect, Solibri, 3dStudio, Maya, Rhino, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Microsoft Office programs.
- A pleasant person who is easy to get along with who has a high degree of responsibility, good design sensitivity, prodigious patience, excellent problem-solving skills, diplomatic finesse, an excellent sense of humor & who strives for perfection while still being cool enough to go “down to the pub” to hang out with the gang from the office.
- Minimum four-year degree [professional] in an AEIP discipline