NBBJ Seattle is seeking a studio-based Building Information Modeling (BIM) expert, to lead successful coordination of BIM production and coordination at a project level. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and exposure to an innovative, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Required Technical skills/attributes:
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in Architecture.
- Expert level knowledge of Autodesk’s Revit Architecture.
- Proven prior experience with large & complex project delivery using Revit.
- In-depth knowledge of technology based collaboration systems.
- Proven coordination process experience including working with consultants using multiple platforms.
- Knowledge/experience with 3D Max or Rhino a plus.
- Knowledge/experience in Navisworks a plus.
- Bachelor of Architecture or equivalent degree required.
- Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to Multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly
- Overall, excellent communication skills.
- Participate in BIM set-up, standards and coordination process.
- Participate in technological collaboration between project team members, client, architect, builder, consultants, subcontractors etc.
- Facilitate the streamlining of the process of exchange and coordination of the 3D model with consultants and contractor/fabricators.
- Work directly with Design Technology Team (DT) regarding BIM process standards, technology support and training.
- Establish early standards for data exchange with entire Project Team to optimize use of the BIM for scheduling, quantity take-off, estimating etc during all stages of the project.
- Participate in BIM Coordination meetings.
- Participate in constructability reviews of the BIM.
- Establish/maintain project files and standards.
- Develop, discover, collect, and share processes, best practices and techniques.
- Lead the development of standard detail libraries of blocks, groups, curtainwall, casework, etc.
- Actively promote advanced and innovative BIM-based methodologies towards integrated practice.
NBBJ is an equal opportunity employer.