Current work on the boards includes the Hangzhou Olympic Stadium (Hangzhou, China), Suning Headquarters (Nanjing, China). The firm has a long-standing history of transformational designs and is dedicated to actively pursuing sustainable solutions that contribute to a more livable world. With over 650 professionals in five U.S. and four international offices, NBBJ consistently ranks among the U.S.’s top four and the world’s top 12 largest architectural firms.
NBBJ Shanghai is seeking a studio-based Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Revit expert, to lead successful coordination of BIM production and coordination at a project level. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and exposure to an innovative, fast- paced and highly collaborative environment.
Required Technical Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in architectural design or construction experience and/or a minimum 5 years experience overseeing BIM/CAD in an architectural/engineering setting.
- Expert level knowledge of Autodesk’s Revit Architecture, with a minimum of 5 years experience providing beginner through advanced training in Autodesk’s Revit Architecture platform.
- Possess a deep knowledge in the Autodesk product range, including Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Navisworks, 3DSMax and associated workflows.
- Experience with Autodesk related programming languages.
- Proven coordination process experience.
- Bachelor of Architecture or equivalent degree in design or engineering, preferred.
- Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Ability to collaborate effectively with local and/or remote personnel in order to provide fast and effective problem solving.
- Must be a Shanghai resident or able to relocate to Shanghai.
- Participate in project BIM set-up, standards and coordination process.
- Participate in technological collaboration between project team members, client, architect, builder, consultants, subcontractors etc.
- Work directly with firmwide NBBJ Design Technology Team (DT) regarding BIM process standards, technology support and training; attend monthly firmwide Design Technology meetings.
- Act as primary point-of-contact between Information Technology (IT) and the Shanghai studio regarding optimal BIM workflows.
- Establish early standards for data exchange with entire Project Team to optimize use of the BIM for scheduling, quantity take-off, estimating, etc., during all stages of the project.
- Participate in project BIM coordination meetings and constructability reviews of the BIM.
- Establish/maintain project files and standards.
- Develop, discover, collect, and share processes, best practices and techniques.
- Lead optimal project workflows/process development within the Shanghai studio.
- Liaise with the studio-based Project BIM Leaders regarding all aspects of BIM and design technology.
- Train project teams in the Autodesk product range including workflow advice and best practices.
Please email your resume and work samples to HRShanghai@nbbj.com. Physical copies must be mailed to:
Resource Plaza Suite 2101
Zhong Shan South Road No. 268
NBBJ is an equal opportunity employer.