In this position you will monitor the production efficiency of designers and CAD/BIM technicians, and continuously train the staff to utilize the most efficient CAD/BIM techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of AutoCAD & REVIT and be adept at software implementation (firm wide/ multiple offices nationally), troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues.
- Provide production CAD support
- Develop, implement and enforce CAD Standards
- Organize the CAD environment
- Supply technical support for all CAD software
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Interact on project standards coordination with clients
- Insure CAD vendor management
- Provide training and supervision of in-house CAD users
- Generate written technology evaluations for future software adoption
- Provide a budget for all CAD technology items
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects
- Provide leadership and vision to the firm in the area of CAD
- Train in-house support staff
- Develop training budget and overall scope
- Customization of CAD Programs
- Maintain CAD Software inventory
- Strategic Planning
- Scheduling drawing completion
- 5 years minimum experience in a design technology as CAD/BIM Manager, CAD/BIM trainer or similar.
- Relevant experience using AutoCAD or other CAD\BIM Platforms.
- Experience with large institutional projects a plus.
- Revit, MEP, or Structural project experience and knowledge or very strong knowledge of other BIM tools.