Sparling, a "Best Place to Work" firm, is seeking a full-time IT/Design Technology Support Specialist in our San Diego office. This individual will provide technical assistance to staff members and maintain the firm's IT infrastructure, while also supporting production throughout the firm to provide timely and accurate CAD deliverables and BIM models. This position includes: providing technical support, network and system administration, content creation & maintenance, quality assurance, production support, and the need to continually maintain/expand technical skills.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Two years of post-high school education, plus a minimum of 4 years professional hands on experience in network administration and end user support for Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office, Microsoft networks, and PC hardware, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in supporting design technology software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Excellent working knowledge of recent versions of design software; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Ability to perform typical server administration skills, including operating systems software patching and upgrades and maintenance of hardware.
- Knowledge of basic network router and switch equipment configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking standards and protocols, including DNS, TCPIP, WINS, DHCP.
- Outstanding prioritization, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage a diverse blend of tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact successfully with a diverse range of personality types.
Investments we make in our people:
- Full group insurance benefits
- Performance bonus
- 17 paid days off to start, plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible spending plan
- Paid professional association membership
Please visit our website to view our portfolio and our careers page to apply.