You will provide direct level 1,2 and 3 technical support to our exceptionally talented and motivated architects, interior designers, planners and graphic design professionals. You will connect closely with project teams to understand their projects and their needs. You must bring a passion for projects, people, customer service and teaching to this role. Expect to engage all scale of projects from short duration single office interiors engagements to multi‐office, multiyear major healthcare projects in your technology support role. You will routinely deliver training. Some travel will be required from time to time in support of offices other than your own.
Creative, innovative thinking within the bounds of Firmwide standards is often necessary to address the diversity of project types, team structures and project goals you will encounter at Perkins+Will. To keep your skills sharp, the firm will invest in your continuous professional development. Among the professional development challenges we may place before you will be LEED accreditation, professional licensure (if applicable) and acquisition of a Certified Document Technician (CDT) credentials. Continued development of your skills in our core applications will be a priority. You are ultimately responsible to the Firmwide Design Applications Manager, but may report directly to a regional or local office Design Application Manager. In addition to what’s described above, the candidate we seek fits the following profile:
- You must have excellent collaborative and organizational skills. You will be expected to learn the resources of the IT Organization and the Firm, and to engage them when you need assistance or special expertise. The ability to document and prepare materials for training and orientation will be expected of you.
- You must have demonstrated mastery of Revit Architecture, including ability to administer, install, configure, setup, customize, etc. A basic ability to provide support or experience providing support must be apparent. Past project experience is a plus, but not necessarily sufficient.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Architecture (ADT) and some hands‐on use experience is required. You must clearly present a good understanding of ADT/AutoCAD: what it is, how it works, etc., leading to an ability to support it.
- Experience with Navisworks, Ecotect, 3D Studio MAX/VIZ, Mental Ray, VRay, animation, and advanced rendering techniques is highly desirable.
- Other non‐Autodesk systems experience and knowledge (e.g. SketchUp, Rhino, FormZ, ArchiCAD, Triforma & Generative Components) is a plus.
- Experience with Project Information Management Tools such as Newforma is highly desirable. Familiarity with similar solutions such a Projectdox and Buzzsaw is a plus.
- In certain instances/locations, you must have basic hardware and networking diagnostic skills or at least a demonstrable aptitude for so doing.
- You will be expected to provide at least light support for the Microsoft Windows/Office desktop and Adobe Creative Suite products, with particular emphasis on PowerPoint, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator out of your experience using those applications.
- Support for plotting software and digital publishing is also expected of you.
- years experience in an architectural/interiors/planning or similarly oriented practice environment.
- The minimum of an Associate degree in an Architectural Technologies is required; BS Arch, BArch or MArch is desired.
Qualified applicants should apply at CAREERS at Perkin+Will.