The BIM Specialist for the New York Office is a multifaceted job and focuses on the areas of Revit and AutoCAD technical support, training, 2D and 3D family creation, Revit implementation strategizing with project teams, and research and development.
- Responsible for BIM (Revit) and CAD (AutoCAD) support for the office.
- Train staff on BIM applications, primarily Revit, for full day classes, Lunch and Learns, and one-on-one sessions.
- Collaborate with local teams to ensure Revit success working with both internal and external teams.
- Provide ongoing Revit support and participate in internal office, regional and firm-wide Revit discussion forums.
- Strategize with project teams regarding project startup and set-up, model construction methods, best methods for working with outside parties, etc.
- Assist in content, family and detail library development as well as template file management.
- Working with the New York IT team to ensure technology needs are being met from all sides.
- Expert knowledge of, and proven practical background in, Autodesk Revit Architecture and related BIM software.
- Solid understanding of CAD applications and best practices, particularly AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with design applications such as 3D Studio Max (and Mental Ray and/or VRay), SketchUp, Navisworks, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent, with three to five years experience in design and/or construction practice preferred.
- Articulate communicator, able to convey BIM concepts to all levels of design and delivery leadership.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.