Ledcor Construction Limited is looking for a dynamic skilled individual for a BIM Technology Specialist role for the Toronto Construction Branch. The BIM Technology Specialist will assist Operational and Business development staff in the creation, setup and implementation of BIM technology on projects as required in each of the branches across Canada.
Job Opportunity ID: 3703
- Create and/or manage the creation of BIM models required in the branch either yourself or by utilizing other branch staff employees, subcontractors or 3rd party BIM modeling service providers
- Import 3D models into Navisworks to perform clash detection, animations etc. using Navisworks
- Create 4D modeling animation for current projects using Navisworks.
- Assist Branch Estimating departments extracting material quantity take-off directly from BIM models for cost estimating and grouping different building assemblies.
- Perform other duties related to the deployment of BIM as may be required in the branch.
- Implement standard company BIM Operating Procedures and Protocols Manual on projects using BIM
- Assist project staff in the review of prime contract and trade contract documents as they relate to BIM services, responsibilities and delivery
- Troubleshoot BIM related issues as may be required
- Maintain and enforce BIM documentation, modeling QAQC, and workflow process standards
- Oversee the inclusion, manipulation and use of BIM models created by Architects, Engineers and/or trade contractors
- Assist Business Development efforts in the preparation of 3D modeling and scheduling demonstrations for inclusion in bids and proposals
- Advise project managers/engineering dept/construction dept with regard to 3D/BIM best practices.
- Assist with the specification and evaluation of BIM requirements for subcontractors engaged on BIM enabled projects
- Assist in the setup and management of BIM related Document Management Systems on projects
- Assist other branches in their deployment and use of BIM technology as may be required and time may allow.
- Assist in BIM related LEED® and Sustainability initiatives in the design and construction of projects
- Recommend software procurement and work with Manager BIM Services/Virtual Construction to develop related hardware specifications and configurations
- Construction Management or Architectural Technologist Diploma or Degree Construction Experience with Design Build projects considered an asset.
- 3 years minimum relevant hands on experience working with BIM related software primarily Revit (or equivalent) and Navisworks.
- Knowledge of Solibiri, QuickPEN, AutoCAD MEP, Rhino, 3DS Max, Camtasia, and other 3D related Software considered an asset.
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic demanding the highest standards of performance from self and others
- Team oriented approach to business with willingness to uphold company values
- Additional computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project/Primavera P3/P5, AutoCAD
Job Opportunity ID: 3703