Opus is a leading international multi-disciplinary consultancy, with a network of offices in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Opus is a company on the move, both through the expansion of our services and through acquisition growth. We have developed rapidly since becoming a private company, and we now have some 2,400 employees working from over 76 offices globally.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a 'BIM Manager' who will build on existing efforts to ultimately implement and adopt Building Information Modelling & Management throughout our business.
This position will report to the management team and play a key role in the strategic decision making process in relation to BIM, therefore the successful candidate must have the right balance of commercial awareness, leadership ability, strategic thinking, communication skills and proven expertise in the field of technology and BIM. You must be results oriented, with an ability to set and deliver to measured performance objectives.
Key responsibilities will include
- Finalisation of Company BIM Strategy Document
- Leadership of the strategic implementation, development and deployment of BIM.
- Keeping up with the evolution and BIM trends within the industry.
- Driving the development of Standards, processes & procedures including project template Set-up, Content Management and Creation.
- Attendance to major client/project meetings, presentation pitches to showcase the BIM portfolio.
- All Coaching, Mentoring and Development in relation to BIM.
- Promotion of BIM internally and externally including development of BIM Marketing Material.
- Liaison with clients and partners wider BIM initiatives.
- Management/Leadership of the change management process and the internal BIM team, including providing assistance to the appointment of new positions.
- An Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) background or qualification.
- Multi-disciplinary consultancy experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Extensive knowledge of BIM best practice, techniques, and procedures and an understanding of computer systems and their applications is essential.
- Previous experience of BIM implementation in a large multi-disciplinary company will be advantageous, however track record of establishing and implementing a BIM Strategy is required.
We are flexible on the location for the right candidate, however we would prefer the successful candidate to be based in a major NZ city (ie: Auckland/Wellington/Christchurch).
At Opus, our greatest strength is the quality of our people. Their expertise and dedication is the foundation of our success, and this is reflected by our supportive, fun work environment, the exciting projects we are engaged in, the personal growth and training opportunities we offer and the excellent conditions of employment and competitive remuneration packages.
Close Date: Sunday 26th August 2012
If you are interested in this position, please go to www.opus.co.nz/careers to view the position description and to apply on line. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org