Essential function is to prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architects and engineers.
Individual must be an enthusiastic, mature self-starter, who is able to capably multi-task, prioritize, and handle numerous projects/assignments under tight deadlines at any one time. Schedule flexibility a must! Position calls for several key skills including attention to detail, planning, organizational skills, and quality. High regard for safety demonstrated in work practices and care of workspace. Able to travel from 10-20% as needed.
Technical proficiency with CADD, Revit, MS Project, and Microsoft Office required. Must have advanced or intermediate Excel Skills and keen math and analytical skills. Team Player; works well with coworkers, vendors, and clients; demonstrates respect for individuals and diversity. Capable communicator: in addition to being able to participate well in meetings, capably uses company equipment (phone, internet, and other electronic means) to interface timely with coworkers, customers, vendors, and other business contacts.
Four- year college degree desired; three+ years’ drafting experience required; general construction and manufacturing knowledge and precast concrete experience preferred.
Work is both indoors and outdoors at company locations. Essential duties are in general office conditions. Involves sitting throughout much of the day. Hand/eye coordination needed for computer work; good vision for inspection purposes. At times, such as when visiting jobsites, the Draftsperson can be exposed to extreme weather temperatures (very hot to very cold). Must be physically able to comfortably move around the adverse conditions often found on construction work sites.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Teach, coordinate, and inspect the work of assigned coworkers on construction projects.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
- Represent the company on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under engineer or architect's supervision.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.
- Assist estimating with quantitative take-off calculations.
- In conjunction with the Estimating Dept. develop project schedule.
- Interface with clients as needed during bidding process to ensure drawings meet specifications.
- Analyze cost implications of various project scenarios and strategies.
- On a daily basis, verbally update Supervisor on progress of assignments and any challenges/problems.
- Participates in training/associations to keep professional skills up to date.
- To ensure efficient operations, complete and submit in a timely manner, all necessary department and personnel forms appropriate for given situations.
- Attend and participate in assigned company sponsored meetings and/or training sessions.
- Assist with or complete any and all company duties and responsibilities as requested
If you are interested please send your resume via EMAIL.