Since its establishment in 1948, Mechanical Contractors has been serving Charlotte, Raleigh and surrounding areas with design, installation and service of mechanical systems - over 60 years of expertise. We have over 150 employees and offer full engineering services on HVAC design.
Overall Position Description
MCI seeks a HVAC Systems Associate to design multiple, complex HVAC projects for a large commercial HVAC Contractor through-out North and South Carolina in a professional and profitable manner. The position reports to the Supervisor of Engineering and is located in Charlotte, NC.
Key Job Tasks
Design Duties Include
- Select and design HVAC systems:
- Load analysis
- Equipment selection
- Duct and piping design
- Generate plans and coordinate with other trades
- Shop drawing for construction
- Submittal approval and site inspections
- Interact with building owners, property management, and members of design and construction team
- On a limited basis:
- Develop and maintain CAD/BIM standards and details
- Assist with service and controls group
- LEED project review and documentation
- Communicate with interdepartmental Marketing, Sales, and Estimating individuals.
- Communicate with Project Leaders during progress meetings and coordinate closely with all project teams on any special requirements projects may have ( i.e. LEED)
- Communicate with Project Team to identify conflict and work to resolve issues to meet customer
- Maintain high quality of design documents from initial design through completion of construction.
Required Academic Credentials, Certifications, Licenses:
- College degree or community college diploma in mechanical engineering or construction management.
- Excellent working knowledge of Autodesk products including AutoCAD and Revit MEP versions 2012, 2013, Navisworks, and Trane Trace/Carrier HAP.
- Minimum five years related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
- Ductwork, piping, refrigeration, compressed air, gas piping, and steam systems
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- NC Mechanical Contracting License
- Knowledge of Energy Management Systems and/or temperature controls considered an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professionalism in manner and attire.
- Communicates well with co-workers and customers.
- Strong customer service interaction.
Salary - Benefits including Medical, Dental, FSA, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K.