BIM Technician (Level 127) – Black & Veatch, Water Division – Kansas City, MO
- Functions in a mid level engineering technician capacity
- Under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables
- May begin to provide technical guidance to other engineering technicians
- Strong proficiency in Revit is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD Architecture, Tekla structures, or Navisworks a plus
- Experience developing structural BIM models for industrial and/or commercial buildings is desired
- This role will also setup and create drawing sheets from models consisting of plans, elevations, sections, and details.
- Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and remains current on standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
- Quality / Continuous Improvement: Begins to proactively apply knowledge of the B&V Quality Program to ensure that the deliverables are accurate and compliant.
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Engineering Production: Broadening the use of applications to learn to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform basic computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- Project Coordination: Assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred
- GCSC (Draft generic educational equivalent requirement)
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience
- Diploma or Certificate preferred
- Minimum of 1 year Revit experience
- Experience with 3D structural drafting/detailing.
You MUST Apply for this position ONLINE.
If you have any questions regarding this position please send an EMAIL to Jason Seck.