RATIO Architects, Inc. is seeking a talented and passionate design technologist to fill the role of a Design Applications Leader in either our Chicago, Illinois design studio or Indianapolis, Indiana design studio. A Design Applications Leader engages project teams and leadership across the firm in support and promotion of digital design technology, BIM setup and planning, training, support services, office standards, and the effective and efficient use of BIM on all projects. Some architectural production work should be anticipated in order to stay current and in synch with project teams, and toward the continued refinement of standards. Participation in the development, testing, and implementation of new workflows and software will be important.
RATIO is committed to employing creative, self-motivated design professionals who are able to utilize current technologies to achieve design excellence. Our portfolio includes a broad range of higher education, mixed-use, corporate and civic projects in the United States, and Internationally.
- BIM setup and project technology planning
- Assist teams with the generation of BIM implementation plans and other technology related plans, protocols, or workflows
- Work to maintain BIM quality and fidelity, adherence to BIM plans, and adherence to modeling and information standards
- Implementation of effective information protocols and workflows between internal project teams and external consultants
- Coordinate with firm wide design technology group to develop, document and communicate best practices for BIM
- Manage Revit standards, content and office templates
- Coordinate applications support and troubleshooting with the IT group and firm-wide helpdesk
- Develop and conduct training sessions for users at all levels of expertise
- Coordinate with the IT group to integrate and manage software deployments, updates and service packs
- ~25% of time to be directly billable to projects
- Active participation in the BIM & technology community both locally and nationally
- High-level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit in an architectural design and production environment, including the ability to administer, install and configure including add-ins
- Demonstrated experience supporting Autodesk Revit, and an aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support in one-on-one, remote, and in group class settings
- Expert knowledge in Revit Family creation
- BS Arch, BArch or MArch (or equal)
- 5 years of experience working in Revit Architecture in a production, administrative and/or support capacity on projects of differing scales
- Working knowledge of professional architectural services from master planning and schematic design through construction documents and construction administration
- Experience with project management, design, visualization and environmental analysis applications such as Newforma, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Navisworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Sefeira and/or others
- Knowledge of API customization and/or Dynamo
- LEED Accreditation and/or professional licensure
RATIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Please submit resume and portfolio VIA EMAIL.