The BIM Generalist staff is an entry to intermediate level position which, under general supervision performs routine modelling/drafting assignments within company and industry standards.
- Prepares engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information (verbal instructions and notes) using CAD or BIM software programs.
- Performs more complicated and detailed BIM or CAD drafting.
- Performs basic non-complex design drafting task.
- Completes simple calculations with specific detailed instructions.
- Understands and follows the company’s standard BIM or CAD procedures for layering and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Prepares computer-generated engineering drawings according to established standards and procedures.
- Prepares engineering drawings from detail red-line markups using CAD / BIM software programs.
- Provides initial drawing or model set-up using published company standards.
- Maintains / updates drawings or models by implementing architectural model and drawings changes.
- 1+ Year experience in BIM, in the Mechanical piping and Plumbing, Electrical and/or Low Voltage field.
- Knowledge of BIM technologies with an understanding of the direction of building information modeling and its impact on the AEC industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and other design technologies with direct experience using prior and current versions.
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.