When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture and we are proud that many of our employees have been with us a decade or more. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
In this role you will be working with the BIM Regional Manager, and will be responsible for developing the Project Execution Plan and setting up projects to the company BIM standards. You will make early decisions on how to assemble the models and distribute them based on design and construction team needs, geographical location and collaboration requirements. In addition, you will establish documented processes, procedures and workflows for each project.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Create initial REVIT® Project setup with workflow documents.
- Initiate Model for each project and prepare for production team.
- Provide BIM/REVIT® project kick-off information.
- Work as part of a BIM/CAD support team to achieve consistent results.
- Daily model management administration and maintenance,
- Provide REVIT Structure and MEP desktop support.
- Over-the-shoulder training, developing and shadowing to staff.
- Content creation: Families such as parametric, formula, nested and type catalogs.
- Work with all disciplines vendors on content download and update to Company Enterprise Standards.
- Support linked views and others in multiple models situation.
- Integration of REVIT products with other applications (Autodesk, Construction, Cost Estimation).
- Engineering Degree, 4+ years of experience in professional environment.
- 4 years’ experience will be substituted for a degree.
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude, passion and patience.
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Utilize skills to fit Company IS infrastructure and standards as necessary.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional Autodesk products use and support:
- Proficiency in REVIT® MEP 2014, REVIT® Structure 2014,AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, AutoCAD P&ID 2014 Navisworks® : Manage and Review
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows, production cycle and priorities.
- Experience with multiple BIM/CAD roles: training and support mentor, project team member and strategic leader.