The CAD / BIM Specialist staff is an expert level CAD or BIM position which, under little supervision, performs non-routine and complex drafting assignments within company and industry standards.
- Possesses limited to intermediate design expertise in one or more specific disciplines (mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing) to provide BIM documentation through the use of various software programs including Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Visualizes and plans the graphic presentation of complex items having distinctive design features that can differ significantly from established drafting precedents.
- Recommends minor design changes to Discipline Project CAD Supervisor.
- Mentors less experienced BIM/CAD personnel and offers advice and knowledge.
- Works closely with CAD and BIM Managers and Project Managers / Engineers / Designers to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete.
- Performs more common basic design / engineering calculations.
- 2+ Years’ experience in BIM, in the Mechanical piping and Plumbing, Electrical and/or Low Voltage field.
- Knowledge of BIM technologies with an understanding of the direction of building information modeling and its impact on the AEC industry.
- Experience with project extranets and virtual collaboration technologies.
- Appropriate level of Mechanical Electrical and plumbing design experience.
- Understanding of project workflows (schematic design, design development, construction documentation phases) and basic project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and other design technologies with direct experience using prior and current versions.
- Document Management application support and process development experience (Such as Newforma, Projectnet, Prolog, etc.)
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.