The BIM Technology reports to the BIM Department Director to implement and direct BIM applications and technology within the firm. While tk1sc is a fully multi-disciplinary firm, this position is focused on mechanical and plumbing.
- Assists the BIM Department Director with development and implementation of best practices.
- Assists in the planning, authors, documents, distributes, implements and trains staff in the improvements to the company’s BIM standards, templates, and strategy.
- Directs the development of new methods and routines for BIM to assure optimum utilization of BIM and BIM-related software. Efforts include creation of BIM families for all disciplines.
- Maintains proficiency in BIM software and BIM related software tools such as AutoCAD, Autodesk NavisWorks and Revit, SketchUp and Bluebeam, 3rd Part Revit plug-ins or equivalent tools.
- Attends conferences, seminars and workshops to advance BIM knowledge for the company.
- Participates in the selection, training and development of new BIM personnel.
- Conducts on-site training classes and individual training sessions as necessary to maintain and improve BIM knowledge and proficiency for staff.
- Manages external BIM training for technical staff. Evaluates the proficiency of technical staff and determines suitable training paths to improve the technical staff BIM proficiency.
- Provides a technical resource to BIM department staff and engineering staff.
- Acts as a liaison with Client BIM Manager coordinate compliance with project BIM standards and to facilitate BIM production and efficiency.
- Provides coaching and/or mentoring of BIM department staff.
- 8+ Years’ experience in BIM, in the Mechanical Piping and Plumbing field.
- Superior knowledge of BIM technologies with an understanding of the direction of building information modeling and its impact on the AEC industry.
- Experience with project extranets and virtual collaboration technologies.
- Mechanical and plumbing design experience applicable to developing BIM workflows.
- Knowledge of BIM as it applies to construction work packaging, construction planning & sequencing.
- Understanding of project workflows (schematic design, design development, construction documentation phases) and basic project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Superior knowledge of Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and other design technologies with direct experience using prior and current versions.
- Document Management application support and process development experience (Such as Newforma, Projectnet, Prolog, etc.)
- Management and/or project management experience a plus.
- Experience participating on multi-discipline project work-teams.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within the team environment to encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Self-directed and self-motivated to solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.
- Willingness for limited travel to regional offices.