LPA is seeking a Site Design CAD Specialist who has a strong understanding of how complex aspects of site + building design interact, to be part of our uniquely collaborative design process.
The Site Design CAD Specialist is an integral part of the LPA design technology team and works closely with project teams throughout the company. The Site Design CAD Specialist will be active in developing Civil + Landscape standards, researching + developing new processes, developing + identifying goals + objectives for the integration of site in the design + documentation process and developing methods of integrating 3d design tools for design and coordination with Architecture + Engineering.
Our technology team is a unified group that includes design technologies, information technologies and information systems. As a part of design technologies, the Site Design CAD Specialist focuses on how Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects leverage technology (including CAD, 3d design tools and other analytical software) during the design process. As part of a unified technology team you will also influence other hardware, software and processes, which advance our pursuit of a better process that returns better results.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Work experience in a medium to large sized civil engineer, landscape architecture, architecture or construction firm
- Passion for great customer service
- Passion for 2D and 3D CAD based workflows and tools
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil3D and content creation for landscape architects or civil engineers
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct limited amounts of travel
- Knowledge of and Revit, SketchUp and Navisworks or BIM360 Glue
- Awareness of Autodesk licensing
- Awareness of other design software such as SketchUp, Rhino, Enscape, and AutoTurn
- Awareness of project information management software such as Newforma Project Center, BIM 360 and SharePoint.
- Be the first point of contact for civil engineering and landscape architecture designers experiencing issues related to design technologies.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality CAD based site models through documentation, education, coordination of model reviews and maintenance
- Engage integrated design teams in CAD and BIM coordination
- Help develop, document and communicate interdisciplinary BIM Project Plans
- Setup and monitor the effective coordination of CAD and BIM based projects
- Create and organize CAD content and templates
- Provide CAD related education to designers
- Support project teams through clash detection and constructability reviews
- Receive, prioritize and respond to requests for help with design technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend emerging design technologies.
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.