At AMA we make it our mission to create places where people and communities thrive. We express that not only in the work we produce, but in the way we work with one another. Our Portland studio offers an environment that is inclusive, transparent, horizontal, and communicative.
AMA teams collaborate across disciplines using strong listening skills to strengthen relationships with clients, contractors, and consultants. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, well rounded professional Project Architect to join our team.
- Working with clients and teams on a broad range of technical and design projects
- Collaborate on the development of the project program and building concepts
- Effectively presenting work products at in-house design and client meetings
- Work with project teams to develop designs, produce construction documents, and benchmark results (Post Occupancy Evaluations)
- Collaborate with the project team to develop design concepts and contribute to the design process
- Minimum of five years of professional experience
- Experience with multi-family housing is a plus
- An in-depth understanding of key industry trends, information sources, and strategic planning
- Knowledge of building codes and ability to research codes as needed
- Production of architectural construction documents
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling / rendering software, ACAD, and Revit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A career-motivated professional who is energetic and possesses a superb work ethic and exhibits strong moral standards
- A self-starter who is able to work well independently but can effectively communicate with the teams
- Possesses a high level of self-confidence and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness and ability to travel, on short notice
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture preferred
Provide digital examples of your experience making of things with your own hand, like graphic design, art, photography, craft, or construction. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and digital work examples referencing the position title in the subject line Via EMAIL to Elizabeth Bertapelle.