LPA is seeking a MEP BIM Specialist who has a strong understanding of how complex aspects of Architecture + Engineering interact, to be part of our uniquely collaborative design process.
The MEP BIM Specialist is an integral part of the LPA design technology team and works closely with project teams throughout the company. The MEP BIM Specialist will be active in developing discipline standards, researching + developing new processes, developing + identifying goals + objectives for the integration of engineering in the design + documentation process and monitoring project health of the BIM from the project initiation to final delivery.
Our technology team is a unified group that includes design technologies, information technologies and information systems. As a part of design technologies, the MEP BIM Specialist focuses on how engineers leverage technology (including BIM, CAD and other analytical software) during the design process. As part of a unified technology team you will also influence other hardware, software and processes, which advance our pursuit of a better process that returns better results.
- 5+ years of related field experience.
- Work experience in a medium to large sized engineering or construction firm.
- Passion for great customer service.
- Passion for BIM and energy analysis technologies and practices.
- Expert knowledge of Revit and content creation for MEP.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct limited amounts of travel.
- Knowledge of and ability to support AutoCAD MEP, Navisworks and EnergyPro.
- Awareness of licensing, hardware and software.
- Awareness of other analytical software such as Sefaira, Insight360, Ladybug, Diva, 3DStudio Max.
- Awareness of other design software such as Civil 3d, Trane Trace, and AutoCAD Architecture.
- Awareness of project information management software such as Newforma Project Center, BIM 360 Docs and SharePoint.
- Be the first point of contact for engineering designers experiencing issues related to design technologies.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality building information models through documentation, education, coordination of model reviews and maintenance.
- Engage integrated design teams with the development of BIM strategies.
- Help develop, document and communicate interdisciplinary BIM Project Plans.
- Setup and monitor the effective development of CAD and BIM based projects.
- Create and organize CAD and BIM content and templates.
- Provide company-wide training on developed content, as necessary.
- Support project teams through clash detection and constructability reviews.
- Receive, prioritize and respond to requests for assistance with design technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend emerging design technologies.
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.