Tuesday, July 31, 2007
This role will be responsible for technology evangelization and product adoption in educational market across the range of solutions offered by Autodesk in the Architecture and Construction discipline.
This position will report to Director – Education Programs, Asia - Pacific.
Geographical Coverage: Asia Pacific Central & Asia Pacific Emerging Geo’s which include Japan, Korea, Greater China, ASEAN, India and ANZ.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Build, execute and drive adoption plan for AEC solutions in identified top tier educational accounts in consultation with EDU Program Manager (AEC)
• Co-ordinate and manage academic research projects in select educational accounts.
• Monitor and guide curriculum development efforts in Centers of Excellence.
• Schedule and Conduct Instructor Training and Development programs across the Geo’s.
• Provide technical sales training to educational channel partners in various regions.
• Assist in presales technical activities in large sales opportunities.
• Develops and conducts professional product presentations and demonstrations to meet strategic educational and revenue objectives. Presents products as advantages and benefits for educators. Customizes company-standard technical demos to specifically address customer needs. Provides technical presentations at trade shows and educational symposiums.
• Maintain a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the technologies of the domain, and insight into the industry practices, business processes, applications and solutions that impact the educational market as well as the global technology marketplace.
• Identify opinion leaders (key professors, subject matter experts, technology consultants) in the market and work closely with them to enhance visibility of Autodesk technology and solutions in the Educational markets.
• Develop good working relationships with the key faculty and thereby drive inclusion of Autodesk solutions into the curriculum/syllabus of universities.
• Evangelize and drive registrations to the Autodesk Student and Faculty Online Community.
Qualification / Requirements
• Qualified Architect
• 10+ years experience with 2 to 3 years in practice or teaching.
• Strong domain knowledge.
• Knowledge and expertise of Autodesk products will be an advantage.
• Education sector experience a plus. Good command over English language. Knowledge of other Asian languages will be a distinct advantage
• Willingness to travel through Asia Pacific 60% of time, visiting universities / educational customers, attend & present at key conferences and other education-related events.
• Proven ability to manage strategic customer relationships.
• Ability to articulate & present Autodesk AEC technology & market directions.
• Good communication skills and ability to build rapport with educational professionals at a technical level.
• Ability to influence and work as part of a diverse and extended team (matrix organization).
Contact Daniel at daniel dot clements at talent2 dot com
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
ConXtech designs, manufactures and erects a revolutionary building system targeted toward the high-density residential and commercial markets. ConXtech has developed a breakthrough, patented-protected structural steel frame system for mid-rise (4-12 story) residential and commercial buildings that enables faster, safer and higher quality construction than conventional concrete, wood or steel. The company is undergoing tremendous demand and growth in the Bay Area, and has begun plans for a nation wide expansion.
ConXtech seeks an experienced and exceptional structural steel detailer to analyze structural steel and architectural blueprints, detail shop drawings for the construction of multi-story, steel frame residential and commercial buildings. The Structural Steel Detailer will report to the Director of Structural Detailing and be a key team member. Working with Revit and ProSteel 3D you will detail traditional structural steel connections and the patented ConXtech moment resisting space frame system. In addition you will detail stairs and other miscellaneous metals.
- Prepare plans and shop drawings using the latest version of AutoCAD and ProSteel 3D structural steel modeling and detailing software
- Detail a complete job by creating a model in Revit and ProSteel 3D
- Create shop and fabrication drawings in 2D CAD and 3D CAD
- Work with Architects and Engineers and Project Managers to integrate design of building into ConXtech space frame system
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Must have trained in Revit or ProSteel 3D
- Must have Structural Steel connection design experience
- Must have stairs and miscellaneous metals design experience
- Must know AISC Guidelines.
Compensation and benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and skill set. In addition we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including family medical and dental benefits, paid vacation, sick days, company holidays and a generous 401K.
Contact: Bryan Grauss via email: bryang at conxtech dot com
Director of Recruiting
Regional Business Development Leader
24493 Clawiter Road
Hayward, CA 94545
Phone: 510-264-9111 x147
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
You need 7+ years of experience. You should be proficient with AutoCAD or Revit as well as general office and project management software. Experience with large-scale commercial, hospitality, high-rise residential or entertainment projects a plus. Naturally you'll need excellent written and verbal skills and you must have a professional degree.
You need 4-6 years experience. You must have a professional degree and be proficient with Autodesk production software and Revit experience is highly desirable. Extensive knowledge of curtain wall systems and field experience is a plus.
If you are interested please email your resume and samples of your work to:
employment at bbg-bbgm dot com.
Does having problems to solve get your heart racing? In a good way? Do Revit and AutoCAD Architecture problems do the same? Then you might be interested in helping Autodesk help its clients? Take a look at the recent post at Autodesk careers site. Here is the text from their site.
62160-Product Support Specialist Posted 28-Jun-2007
Location: Manchester, NH
In this role as a Product Support Technician, you will have opportunities to help support customers implementing some of the latest and most exciting products in the Autodesk AEC portfolio. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and a skilled technical analyst with strong problem-solving abilities.
This position in Product Support requires a detailed understanding of Autodesk Revit Architecture or AutoCAD Architecture, related products, specialty areas, and knowledge of the related industries. As a member of a shared responsibility team, you’ll not only help identify and solve technical problems and questions but also turn lessons learned into technical documents published into an extensive knowledge base on Autodesk.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and direct technical support to internal and external customers and partners, documenting this support in department’s knowledge based system.
- Use knowledge based tools to diagnose, research and resolve technical issues.
- Be an active member of a shared responsibility team.
- Two years using Revit Architecture or AutoCAD Architecture in a customer support or engineering environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working directly with customers in a service-related position.
- Must have above average troubleshooting skills, strong analytical problem solving skills, and the ability to interpret technical questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey complex technical details.
If interested respond via the website page in the link at the beginning of this post.