Location: US Home Office, 75% travel
You love our products – use your mechanical, electrical, plumbing project management experience and technical acumen to play a critical role for Autodesk accounts. This key contributor with Autodesk Consulting will provide post-sale MEP technical and business consulting to ensure customer success of new and existing accounts. Provide consulting at all levels including process assessments, training, implementation, mentoring and best practices support. This is an opportunity to work with and influence some of the most prestigious design firms in the world, as well as help them to shape the future direction of 3d tools. This is a home-based position and requires 75% travel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews and consults with customers in order to gather and determine needs for project deployment.
- Works with new and existing customers in order to identify unrealized customer needs and recommend business processes changes that help customers maximize ROI of purchased solutions.
- Mentor customers to support the new solution deployment. In cases where customer purchases product implementation and support services, this person will provide ongoing consulting throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Responds to customer support requests for support via telephone or electronic queue. Utilizes internal resources and/or knowledge-based tools to diagnose and resolve technical and process issues.
- Develops and conducts professional product training seminars in small and large forums, in person and via web casts, to accelerate customer adoption.
- Develops, contributes and implements detailed customer deployment plans (i.e. Statement of Work / Implementation Action Plan).
- Plays a key role in further developing current accounts by identifying complete solutions to meet additional unrealized customer needs.
- Recommends best practices for solutions to meet customer business needs. May configure existing company products to ease the process change and adjustment required to ensure pilot project success.
- Provides customer feedback, documentation and work samples to product management teams on quality, usability, content and feature requests for ongoing product improvement or feature prioritization.
- Helps to identify key customer pain points with product implementations and clearly communicates them to appropriate marketing and product teams.
- May also direct work or create work schedules.
- May assume Partner Relationship Management or Product Lead responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 yrs of MEP/HVAC design, drawing and detailing experience.
- 3-5 yrs experience with leading architectural MEP design software (i.e. AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, etc.).
- Minimum 3+ years in a MEP/HVAC project management role.
- Great with people, consultative approach.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to develop and deliver projects for acceptance and get into production within cost/schedule constraints.
- Strong understanding of workflow process between architects and engineers.
- CAD management experience is desirable, especially with Revit and ADT.
- Architect qualifications desirable.
- Must be willing to become an expert in the use of Revit, and Building Information Modeling products.
- Structural design and project management experience essential.
Demonstrated ability to work in a team of technical personnel, sales people, project managers.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to travel up to 75% of the time and enjoy working with diverse groups of people with widely variable technical skills.
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, on going employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please apply at http://www.autodesk.com/careers - Job 63716 . Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
A little bit more about Autodesk:
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is the world leader in 2D and 3D design software for the manufacturing, construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art digital prototyping solutions to help customers experience their ideas before they are real.
Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to visualize, simulate and analyze real-world performance early in the design process to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation. For additional information about Autodesk, visit http://www.autodesk.com/.
Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, CA and is proud to be one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies for 2007 as well as one of Baseline Magazine’s Fastest Growing Software Companies .
Autodesk’s Design Software Vision lets customers visualize, simulate, and analyze the real-world performance of their ideas early in the design process. To see how we do this click here Video.