Title: Project Manager/Technical Consultant - Construction/BIM #60316
Location: US Home Office, travel 65%
As a Technical Consultant, you will lead Autodesk clients through the development and implementation of collaborative solutions for their most critical business process issues. Articulate the value and processes associated with implementation best-practices to the Autodesk direct sales team and their vendor partners. Create complete solutions to common industry issues by diagramming business processes and leverage Autodesk Collaborative Project Management products.
This is an opportunity to work with and influence some of the most prestigious design firms in the world, as well as help them to shape the future direction of 3d tools. This is a home-based position and requires 65% travel.
- Consult with new and existing customers in order to assess, gather and define their requirements and solution alternatives. Also, work with our customers to identify unrealized opportunities and customer value and promote Company solutions to drive additional revenue.
- Recommend best practices for solutions to meet customer business needs.
- Coordinate information flow between clients, project teams and vendors.
- Write technical documents to include project status reports, business process documents and flowcharts, requirements, design, and training and procedure guide documentation, and other project documentation.
- Configure and document solution to meet customer’s needs.
- Train customers ranging from multi-day engagements or in mini trainings via a web environment.
- May also add technical or subject matter expertise to sales in the presales and post sales process.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness, and thorough communication.
As part of a dynamic growing consulting team with a leader in the AEC space, we are looking for experienced Commercial Construction Design Engineers, Project Managers and/or Consultants with at least 5 years experience in the Architectural, Commercial Construction Industry and/or consulting organizations, systems integrators or software vendors who implement projects for large customers and/or project management experience in the AEC/Construction Industry experience. Candidates should demonstrate a strong knowledge of commercial construction processes and AEC software in the related Collaborative Project Management solutions and/or Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology. Hands-on design experience is also required.
- 3-5 yrs experience with leading architectural BIM technologies (i.e. Revit, etc.).
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management is preferred.
- In addition, you will also need to demonstrate strong analytical, communication, consultative, organizational, process management, and project management skills. In addition, we would like candidates to have strong skills with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project).
- Must be willing to travel 65% time over the course of the year.
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, on going employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please apply at http://www.autodesk.com/careers - Job 60316 . Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
A little bit more about Autodesk:
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is the world leader in 2D and 3D design software for the manufacturing, construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art digital prototyping solutions to help customers experience their ideas before they are real.
Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to visualize, simulate and analyze real-world performance early in the design process to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation. For additional information about Autodesk, visit http://www.autodesk.com/.
Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, CA and is proud to be one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies for 2007 as well as one of Baseline Magazine’s Fastest Growing Software Companies .
Autodesk’s Design Software Vision lets customers visualize, simulate, and analyze the real-world performance of their ideas early in the design process. To see how we do this click here Video.