Department: Property Planning
Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: M-F 7:30-5:00
Responsible for management of all Children's Hospital Colorado building-related information. This person will work closely with internal department Planning, Design and Construction (PDC) Project Managers and with external architects, engineers and contractors to ensure all documentation is current and accurate. This person must stay current in their knowledge, so as to advise Children’s in best-practice decisions regarding how best to use building information models to support planning, design, construction, and facility management.
The role requires an expert level of BIM modeling ability, and a thorough understanding of how backend data can be managed within and extracted from a BIM model. The BIM Engineer will advise on how to develop internal model families, and manage external BIM families. The BIM Engineer will manage Properties within a BIM Facilities model that will be used by Children’s to support strategic planning initiatives and specific department’s needs. The BIM Engineer will work closely with external BIM modelers, auditing and verifying their work follows Children’s BIM protocols.
- Advanced to Expert skill level using AutoCAD and Revit
- Bachelor degree required. Preferred disciplines include information technology, business, engineering, or architecture
- 5 years experience in Building Information Modeling
- Experience coordinating, managing, and prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Creative planning and problem solving skills. Strong organization skills and attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to present information and interact effectively with management at all levels of the organziaton (medical and non-medical staff)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience in a healthcare/hospital setting; experience with healthcare/hospital construction preferred
- Familiarity with Life Safety and Building Code preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new software
- Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Exposure to Infectious diseases: Infrequent
- Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to chemicals: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to cold/heat: Occasional
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Handles multiple priorities effectively
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Independent discretion/decision making
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Makes decisions under pressure
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works in close proximity to others and/or in a distracting environment
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively
- Mental Stress: multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, prioritizing
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children's Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation's outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children's Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children's Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children's Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
To Apply email your information to Nina Lombardi or APPLY ONLINE Use BIM as search criteria, it is assigned Job ID 50061.