- Provides leadership in the application of design technology.
- Researches and keeps abreast of the latest industry technology applications in design and recommends changes and new programs.
- Provides education, training and support to project teams so as to optimize the operational effectiveness of technology systems in design.
- Manages CAD (ACAD, ADT, ABS, LDD) and BIM (Revit) software and deals with issues that hinder project design execution.
- Interfaces with IT on CAD/BIM-related issues that are operating system or hardware-related to assure speedy resolution.
- Keeps abreast of CAD/BIM trends so the company is prepared for changes/upgrades as they arise.
- Looks for new technologies.
- Manages other non-CAD/BIM software and corporate A/E electronic data such as MasterSpec, mfrs. selection software, etc.
- Coordinates design technology applications between users and internal/external technology providers.
- Incorporates company best practices into design technology.
- Serves as technology applications resource for configuration, training and coordinates help desk for design users.
- Advocates leveraging A/E technology in support of construction activities and vice versa.
- Leads efforts in evaluation, selection and implementation of new design technologies.
- Develops and implements best practices for technology and design application usage.
- Creates, maintains and provides direction for application of digital design standards and procedures.
- Develops and maintains computer applications to augment and integrate design functions.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for computer hardware and applications.
- Develops and maintains training standards for digital design tasks and applications.
- Coordinates digital design training and evaluation efforts.
- Provides assistance when requested in application of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- Participates in local and national design technology organizations.
- Serves as digital design application and standards resource for project kickoff meetings.
- High school diploma and post secondary training in design technology (Bachelor's Degree preferred).
- Eight years minimum experience in digital design technology.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and manage complex implementation tasks, establish and meet schedules and maintain focus on goals.
Blake Crawford via email: blake at csitechinc dot com