The MEP Design Coordinator is a critical part of LPA+ID, which inspires design through technology by developing the workflows and digital tools used by integrated design teams at LPA. This is accomplished through collaboration with other members of LPA+ID, architects and engineers on the use of building information modeling (BIM), computer aided design (CAD) and project information management (PIM) platforms.
- Develop, document and communicate MEP BIM/CAD best practices.
- Evangelize LPA’s BIM implementation plan and process.
- Represent engineers on design technology related decision making and issues.
- Develop and promote energy analysis workflows for each phase of project development.
- Initiate and setup MEP building information models.
- Partner with MEP designers to resolve design technology related issues.
- Assist designers on MEP BIM, CAD and analysis software and processes.
- Promote the development of high quality models through model review and maintenance.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging MEP related technologies.
- Coordinate processes that facilitate the interoperability of CAD, graphics and modeling tools.
- Work experience in a medium to large sized architectural, engineering or construction firm.
- Advanced knowledge of Revit Building Design Suite (specifically Revit Systems) and content creation.
- Knowledge of Navisworks Manage.
- Intermediate knowledge of SketchUp and AutoCAD.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work on engineering projects (including; detailing, modeling and project set up, etc.) under the guidance of others.
- Ability to work on technology ventures and development (including; template development, software testing, workflow updates, etc.) under the guidance of others.
- Ability to conduct limited amounts of travel.
- Passion for ensuring the success of design partners.
- Competence with engineering software including IES, EnergyPro, Trace 700, 3DS Max Design, Green Building Studio, and/or SpecLink-E
- Competent with AutoCAD MEP.
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.
- Organized and methodical with a resourceful capacity for resolving challenges.
- Experience with Project Information Management software such as Newforma Project Center.