NBBJ San Francisco – whose primary markets are Healthcare, Science/Higher Education, and Housing – is seeking a Project BIM Leader to lead successful coordination of BIM production and coordination at a project level using Revit Architecture. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and exposure to an innovative, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- B. Arch. or equivalent degree required; M. Arch. preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of Autodesk’s Revit Architecture required.
- Previous experience using Revit in the delivery of large, complex projects.
- 7-12 years experience in architectural industry; experience with Virtual Design and Construction Methods / BIM.
- Ability to communicate and present design ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Highly proficient with Navisworks, 3DMSMax, Sketch-Up, Rhino, Grasshopper, or other graphic design tools and associated workflows.
- Experience with parametric or scripted modeling a plus.
- Experience with Autodesk related programming languages also desired.
- Participate in BIM set-up, standards and coordination process on projects.
- Provide day to day guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members to optimize Revit features and follow project modeling standards.
- Participate in technological collaboration between project team members, client, architect, builder, consultants, subcontractors, etc.
- Facilitate the exchange and coordination of the 3D model with consultants and contractor/fabricators.
- Establish early standards for data exchange with entire Project Team to optimize use of the BIM for scheduling, quantity take-off, estimating, etc. during all stages of the project.
- Lead the development of standard families and detail libraries of blocks, groups, curtainwall, casework, etc.
- Work directly with NBBJ Firmwide Design Technology Team (DT) regarding BIM process standards, technology support and training.
- This position reports to and receives direction from the Project Manager and Studio Core Team.
NBBJ is an equal opportunity employer.