JOB DESCRIPTION (Job Number:311120)
SAIC Energy, Environment and Infrastructure, LLC is looking for a dynamic person and a technologist at heart to join the firm’s BIM Technologies corporate team in the AE Sector as a BIM Technologies Integrator leading with hands on coding the technical interoperability and development of Building Information Modeling software with architecture, engineering and construction tools.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of BIM/CAD Technologies, the BIM Technologies Integrator will work closely with our passionate and dedicated BIM corporate support team, professional staff and discipline managers to provide solutions that leverage BIM from automating software to enhance efficiency/workflow to integrating BIM with LEED, Engineering Calculation and Operations & Maintenance.
SAIC is proud to have implemented Building Information Modeling as a process and technology that integrates within the fabric of our design and construction projects. This very unique and key-role will be filling the missing link of our advanced BIM Corporate Support team to focus on top notch proprietary software development and interoperability solutions allowing us to deliver an unparalleled value to our owners through the advancement of BIM and Technologies.
Oklahoma City, OK – Chicago, IL – Dallas, Texas – St. Louis, MI – St. Paul, MN
Software Development Tasks
BIM Interoperability Tasks
- Collaborate with BIM Corporate Team and Professional Staff to discover deficiencies, then develop proprietary tools to enhance daily processes, workflow and production on BIM applications. (Autodesk REVIT, Bentley BIM, Autodesk Navisworks)
- Interpret needs from non-programmers into fully developed automations.
- Communicate basic programming potential and challenges of API to BIM Corporate Team.
- Create Autodesk REVIT Family Library catalog browser.
- Integration of BIM software with SharePoint or other portals.
- Automation of BIM Software exports in other formats: DWF, DXF, etc…
- Project automation and sheet-set automation & creation.
- Create other business related applications or utilities that assist in daily click intensive work.
- SharePoint development, Data Synchronization and replication.
- Maintain BIM/CAD technologies software images, tools and packages for deployment across firm
- Log-on scripts, environment variables set-up and group policies.
Data Management & Cloud Computing
- Develop a workflow to allow BIM modeling applications to work flawlessly with architecture and engineering design tools in a two-way-relationship. (GBXML Preparation, Structural Engineering: STAA, RAM, ETABS & LEED Integration with GBS or IES and ECOTECT).
- Work with BIM Application Champions: Lighting Design, LEED, Navisworks to implement an interoperability environment that leverages BIM Modeling beyond 3D and Documentation.
- Extraction of BIM database information in cobie or other formats for FM / O&M purposes.
- Linking BIM database from models in web portal formats for building management solutions.
Additional Tasks May Include
- Perform hardware testing to ensure best REVIT / CAD performance results on WAN/LAN.
- Testing and deploying Cloud Computing solutions for BIM data integration and utilization.
- REVIT Server, Autodesk Vault & Projectwise deployment and administration.
- Assist in maintaining REVIT Templates or Bentley Workspace, standards and libraries.
- Assist in the integration of mobile devices with design and construction projects.
- Maintain BIM Technologies SharePoint page.
- Work with SAIC IT and strategic partners on researching and developing new technologies.
- Architectural or engineering or Technology Degree plus 7-10 years of experience with hands-on experiencing developing and coding in the AEC industry.
- Total of 10-15 years experience will be substituted for a degree.
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude and patience.
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Utilize skills to fit the SAIC IT infrastructure and standards as necessary.
- Mastery of .NET and Visual Basic
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong REVIT API development background.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of professional Autodesk products development and support
- REVIT Architecture, MEP, Structure 2012
- AutoCAD 2012 / AutoCAD Architecture 2012
- Navisworks: Manage and Review.
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows, production cycle and priorities.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2012, 5:38:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
Location: United States-OK-TULSA
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segments: AutoCAD, CAD, Cloud, Data, Data Management, Database, Developer, Drafting, Engineer, Engineering, Government, Homeland Security, Military Intelligence, Network, Security, Sharepoint, Structural Engineer, Technology, Testing
Click Here to APPLY