Job Title: BIM/Drafting
HercuTech is the manufacturer of an innovative, patented, ICC-certified panelized wall system called HercuWall. HercuWall is an energy efficient, high strength, durable, panelized concrete reinforced polystyrene wall system constructed to precise dimensions, requiring less labor to install and less time to construct. The Company is planning for hyper growth and multiple market expansion.
HercuTech Inc. is looking for a highly motivated BIM/Drafting Manager to join the Design/Drafting department to lead the team, implement process and software improvements, and contribute to day-to-day operations and deliverables. You will join a growing team of professional focused on numerous strategic and operational initiatives to position the Company for hyper-growth. This dynamic role will be an integral part of developing the operational excellence for Production and will be expected to contribute ideas for innovation and technology advancement.
This role will be a key player of the organization’s success, partnering with various departments to ensure the Company can achieve fast paced growth. The ideal candidate will be a great problem solver with outstanding managerial skills and ability to effectively communicate across the organization.
- Manage, coach, and develop staff. Able to get the best results from each team member. Mentor new and less experienced team members.
- Act as intermediary between Drafting, other departments, clients, engineers, and architects to ensure desired outputs are achieved.
- Work with various departments to create schedules and deadlines. Monitor work in progress to ensure deliverables are on track and to expected standards.
- Lead Design/Drafting team to identify development needs for BIM software. Work to improve project delivery. Ensure timely and accurate work product.
- Work to meet or exceed department KPI’s. Provide updates to Executive Team and works toward improvements.
- Define a BIM strategy for growth including system for seamless collaboration and communication.
- Educate and trains Design/Drafting team on BIM software and integrations. Contribute to the implementation of updated workflows.
- Facilitate ongoing development of the company Revit files.
- Conduct reviews of the work product of the department. Act as a gatekeeper and final quality check on outputs.
- Enforce BIM standards, output standards, and quality standards for the department. Ensure efficient and effective use of BIM software.
- Contribute to the definition and documentation of drafting product requirements and all design department deliverables.
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset – always looking to improve process, outputs, and efficiencies. Develops solutions and create road maps for process improvements.
- Conduct research and stay up to date on emerging BIM trends, integrations, and potential improvements. Lead the development of new design software tools.
- Implement new technologies and methodologies, while balancing real-time requirements.
- Manage new and existing BIM content, including integration of add on software.
- Contribute to product improvement initiatives.
- Enforce document control procedures.
- Conduct employee reviews. Act on employee issues and make recommendations for improvement/discipline/promotions.
- Managerial and supervisor experience.
- A minimum 4 years in building design/construction industry/manufacturing.
- Experience with Revit.
- Strong knowledge of modeling product components and assemblies with a variety of solid modeling tools and associated database management systems.
- Knowledge of additional Autodesk and BIM software including systems, components, assemblies and solutions.
- Desire to improve department outputs and influence co-workers by striving for excellence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Knowledge of workflow and process improvement methodologies.
- Experience influencing drafting teams and project teams.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.