Ryan Smith with The Novo Group is representing the following opportunity.
We represent a multi-disciplinary, international design firm with 7 offices. The firm is a leader in the use of information technology in the AEC industry, including Building Information Modeling (BIM), and is aggressively transitioning to Revit. In addition, the firm utilizes 3D Studio Max, Autocad 2008, SketchUp, Navis Works, and other software.
This position will entail active, hands-on, assistance to Revit project teams as a member of the companies IT group. It will include developing processes, training material, and content, as well as teaching and providing expert advice to individuals and groups.
The successful candidate will have a special passion for Revit and BIM. This position must enjoy helping individuals and teaching groups. The selected candidate has to have strong communication both orally and in writing. Has great attention to detail and quality improvement. Willingness to learn new applications of Revit in our design practice.
* Assist project teams in BIM project setup.
* Conduct internal Revit training sessions.
* Facilitate adoption and further development of the BIM S
* Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit.
* Coach project team members toward optimal use of Revit.
* Create Revit families in response to project need.
* Research 3rd party Revit applications. (IES, Navis Works, Innovaya)
* Troubleshoot problems.
* Keep abreast of industry developments with respect to BIM.
* Attend industry events that focus on advanced Revit usage.
* Five years of experience with large projects in architecture or a related field and be an expert at using Revit.
* 4-yr degree in an Architectural discipline, Mechanical, Electrical, or Structural engineering.
* They will need to be a self-starter, and possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ideally, they will also be able to articulate and identify processes, express these graphically, and write well.
* Experience with AutoCAD, 3D Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, as well as the Microsoft Office, is also desirable.
* We are seeking individuals whose focus will be BIM, and who are willing to take a broad view of how BIM data can be used to further design, sustainability and project efficiency.
To apply please send your resume by email to Ryan Smith or apply on-line at The Novo Group and search under jobs.