The BIM Manager role is essential to the daily operations of LPA. The primary responsibilities consist of continuing LPA’s BIM implementation plan, supporting and educating 200+ employees on the effective use of BIM technologies and managing best practices. The BIM Manager will engage with a variety of project teams at different phases of a project to ensure an effective BIM strategy is employed and maintained. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above the BIM Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, document and communicate best practices between multiple offices.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging BIM related technologies.
- Support plotting and printing tools for BIM output.
- Coordinate processes that facilitate the interoperability of CAD, graphics and modeling tools.
- Act as a liaison between vendors, resellers and training centers.
- Providing one on one and group training to employees learning BIM software.
- Benchmarking of hardware and software configurations for BIM platforms.
An ideal candidate also possesses the following attributes:
- Past experience implementing BIM in a medium to large sized Architectural or Engineering firm.
- Superior knowledge of Revit 2011 with direct experience using prior versions.
- Competence with versions of AutoCAD.
- Passion for BIM/CAD technologies and an ability to promote these technologies and practices.
- Customer Service oriented with commitment to working within a team environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.
- Organized and methodical with a resourceful capacity for resolving challenges.
- Ability to do minimal travel in order to support multiple offices.
- Competence with engineering versions of Revit is a plus.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply ONLINE at LPA.