Friday, April 9, 2010

Opportunity Wanted: Revit (BIM) Production - BIM Manager Track - NYC

Objective:
My immediate goal is to obtain a position to use and support Revit (BIM) for production. The ideal opportunity would provide a chance to transition to the role of BIM manager. My longer term goal is to pursue work in construction management and contract administration for the A/E/C industry. Toward that end I am currently halfway through a construction management program at New York University.

I have UNTAPPED potential and I am so confident that you’ll find I add value that I am prepared to work for up to two weeks FREE! Try before you buy!

Background:
I am US and foreign trained architect (licensed outside the USA and preparing for ARE) with diversified experience as a designer, project architect, bid evaluator, builder, estimator, supervisor, and a faculty member. In Ethiopia I worked alongside Italians as a project architect for a $120,000,000 cultural building complex. I was responsible for documenting shop drawings, redesigns and as-built drawings over four and half years. I reported to the project manager and I oversaw 4 senior draftsmen and 5 site foremen.

REVIT Experience:
  • Using Revit since 2007
  • HOK Houston - architectural technician for the $12.1 billion King Abdullah University of Science and Technology project (KAUST). Created design development and construction documentation.
  • Designed a research laboratory for graduate studio in Revit
  • Modeled a recreational building in Revit and exported it to 3Ds Max for rendering
Location:
Greater New York City area is preferred but I am willing to relocate elsewhere as I can complete my studies via the internet. If you'd like to learn more about me and to discuss an opportunity please send me an EMAIL.