Saturday, August 9, 2008

Revit User Looking for Midwest USA Work

My first post of a user looking for work!! I originally hoped to post such requests too but then realized that most users might be fearful that their current employer might see their post. It has come as no surprise since that I haven't received any until NOW! Here is some general information that he shared with me.

I am seeking new employment in and around the Midwest (USA). I will consider relocating beyond the Midwest. I would like to advance my career into a larger firm with more potential for advancement into a Revit like training module. At my current place of business I have been training our staff how to use Revit.

I have 10 years in the field as a carpenter, commercial trim & residential framer. I have worked on many commercial projects for clients like, Walgreens, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and others. I also spent 2 years as a counter top fabricator and installer. I have an associates degree in drafting.

For the last seven years I have been working as Cad Technician, using ADT for two years and Revit for five years. I have attended Autodesk University. I have been involved in many different projects types, from education, retail, governmental and industrial to name a few. For these projects I have modeled many different types of architectural styles using Revit along with related custom families. I have completed highly realistic renderings, 4D animations, stair shop drawings, structural documentation, architectural details, and PowerPoint presentations. I also have extensive experience using Total Station software for laying out buildings.

With my varied and extensive past field construction experience as well as my current technical Revit guru status, I feel that I would make a perfect fit into a Revit group.


He also wrote that he can provide images and other sample documentation upon request.

If you wish to contact him yourself directly or to have him contact you please send me an email via:

steve at aecadvantage dot com

(just replace the at and dot with the usual symbols for email)