LPA is seeking a Network Administrator to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a member of Inspire Design (ID), our technology team, and participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will research, develop and implement information technologies that inspire the design process.
Our technology team is a unified group that includes design technologies, information technologies and information systems. As a part of information technologies, the Network Administrator focuses on how our LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP infrastructures are leveraged as a platform for the design process. This is accomplished through collaboration with integrated project teams, information technologies and design technologies. As part of a unified technology team, you will also influence design technologies and information systems which advance our pursuit of a better process that returns better results.
- Minimum of 7 years as a Network Administrator
- Contribute to the design of the network including switching, routing, load balancing, firewall administration and security protocols.
- Deploy, configure, maintain and monitor network equipment to ensure highly effective network operations.
- Ensure network devices are configured and maintained in accordance with standards, change management and best practices.
- Develop and maintain documentation on existing services and systems.
- Maintain security programs and protocols related to the network and firewalls.
- Provide guidance on future technologies and business process improvements.
- Provide regular on-call support of the network.
- CCNA Certification at minimum, CCNP preferred
- Hands on experience managing Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA’s, Meraki Wireless and SD-WAN a plus. EMC UCS, Unity, Isilon and UCS, Unity, ECX, VMware and Meraki wireless,
- Experience maintaining a multi-office environment on MPLS and internet using SD WAN technology.
- Experience with firewalls and network security infrastructure configuration
- Understanding of file acceleration hardware by Riverbed or similar
- Advanced knowledge supporting VoIP voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure, and Skype for Business or similar
- Proven ability to configure, deploy and manage network monitoring tools.
- Extensive knowledge of design and administrative experience with Microsoft Solutions, public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Experience with backup, business continuity and disaster recovery tools and failover procedures
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and build relationships
- Proven ability to deliver IT projects on time and on budget
- A strong sense of good values
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.