NELSON is seeking a CAD/BIM Analyst and a SR CAD/BIM Analyst to join our Design Technology Team. The CAD/BIM Analyst will apply their knowledge of building design, Building Information Modeling (BIM), best practices, and AEC related technology while working as an integral member of the NELSON Worldwide Design Technology Team. This will include supporting, mentoring, and being a technology and BIM resource for project teams utilizing Autodesk AEC Collection, BIM360, Autodesk Construction Cloud, and other AEC design and visualization software. These roles will be part of a unique group that is at the forefront of design technology and BIM development and support within NELSON Worldwide working with and supporting talented teams that are industry leaders. Our work environment is adaptive to technology demands and the CAD/BIM Analyst must be flexible and adaptive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. Due to changes in technology, critical features may be modified to meet current industry technology trends.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Revit
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD
- Familiarity with network technologies and platforms
- Knowledge of Visualization technologies
Additional Required Knowledge and Skills for Senior CAD/BIM Analyst:
- Extensive knowledge of BIM Workflows, standards, and best practice
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture/MEP, Navisworks, 3DSMax, VRay, Lumion
- Familiarity with programming languages in a BIM environment (Powershell, AutoLisp, Dynamo, Python, HTML/XML, Ruby, VBA/VBScript, C#)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Perform helpdesk support by troubleshooting and resolving software or model/file questions or issues
- Contribute to the creation and/or revision of standard documentation and procedures as necessary
- Contribute to the creation, organization, and maintenance of Revit and AutoCAD content
- Monitor conformance to standards and processes
- Shadow and mentor Teammates company-wide
- Assist with the creation and/or delivery of topic based educational webinars and videos
- Contribute to the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of all design software company-wide
- Stay current on developing technology trends within the AEC industry
- Disseminate and educate others on industry advancements and trends
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations Preferred:
- Autodesk Certified Professional preferred.
Education / Experience:
- Technical School Diploma or Associate’s degree in the field of Computer Science or related field plus:
- CAD/BIM Analyst: 5+ years’ experience in delivering support and/or training within and Architecture/Engineering organization; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience. Experience within the A/E/C industry required.